This session will answer questions students frequently ask regarding choosing a major. At the end of the session, participants will know the answer to these FAQs and will be able to identify questions to consider when choosing a major.
Meeting/Webinar ID: 837 4608 4354
Presentation Toolkit Resources
- Choosing a Major (pptx)
- The Interest Profiler helps you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore based on your interest and skills.
- Interest Profiler – https://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip
- Work values are our beliefs about what’s most important in our work. The Work Values Matcher is a quick card sort exercise that asks you to rank statements to define your ideal job. Your choices indicate your top values and can help you match your values to possible careers.
- Work Values Matcher- https://www.careeronestop.org/Toolkit/Careers/work-values-matcher.aspx
- The “What can I do with this Major” website will help you connect majors to careers. On the site, you will be able to learn about typical career areas and types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
- What Can I do with this Major?- https://career.sa.ua.edu/explore/what-can-i-do-with-this-major/
- The “Candid Career” website has brief videos of professionals from thousands of occupations talking about their careers.
- CandidCareer.com- https://www.candidcareer.com/channels.php?shared=Alabama&UID=2155
About the Presenter
Alysha Gray is the Director of Tutoring and Learning Skills Specialist at ECU’s Brody School of Medicine. In this role, she promotes the academic success, professional development, and personal wellness of medical students. Over the past year, she had served as the Co-PI and Network Director for the College STAR Network. She has previously held positions as the Instructional Specialist for the STEPP program at ECU and as a School Psychologist within the NC public school system.